Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Iguazu Falls

There wasn't a whole lot to do in my first posting in Asuncion, Paraguay. The only place cheap and close was Iguazu Falls in the tri-border area of Paraguay, Brazil and Argentina. It was a relatively short drive and the hotel rates were very reasonable. We saw wildlife, strange billboards and lots and lots of waterfalls.
These are toucan's I'm sorry you can't see them very well. I need to get Photoshop so I can enlarge and stuff. I was very excited to see the toucans though.


These are coati's, they were everywhere and very aggressive as they were used to people feeding them, as you see these people doing.

This was at least my third visit to Iguazu Falls. I'm afraid I don't remember all their names. The girl on the left was our summer intern, then there is Stephanie Gonzalez, Karen Williams, another woman whose name I don't remember -- but I remember hearing she married a Marine guard. Then there I am -- note the long hair. Then there is Carlos -- he was one of our Marine's, a really nice, funny guy.


That's Stephanie and Carlos in front of me, we decided to see the falls from the bottom up close and person. It was wet. It was fun.

You go to see the Falls, expect to get WET. This wasn't the wettest part, but you could guarantee getting a bit damp.

This was one of the strange billboards. I couldn't resist. I was told they're advertising bull semen. Strange and weird, but amusing.

One of the many views of Iguazu Falls.


And Another.

And another. One of my favorite shots. I have a lot more in my scrapbook.
But I won't bore you, it's just more of the same.
More Paraguay Pictures Coming Soon! I love my new scanner.

No comments:

Post a Comment